Thursday, July 7, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to the Vaal family blog! I hope you enjoy learning and living with our family! For those who need a little intro as to how we started I will give you a little rundown! Chad & I have always known each other for as long as we can remember. Our dad's were in each other's wedding and Chad was actually in my parents as a ring bearer. However, he was always 5 years my senior and went to a different school. So, it was a surprise when we met at a party one night in spring of 2005 at Steckler's in his cowboy hat and jacket full of beer which me and Nicole gradually drank. We swapped numbers but I never could get him to go on a date with me until the following September. Pretty sad when the girl has to chase the guy! Ever since that first date we've been together and it hasn't always been roses. But, he we are in 2011, married with a house and a baby. We were married November 8, 2008. At first we rented an older farm house in Adyeville and in the spring of 2010 we bought his grandma and grandpa Vaal's house just outside of St. Meinrad and moved in that April. That same month we learned we were expecting and on January 5, 2011 we welcomed Lane Alan Vaal to our family! Chad farms with his dad and I work as a nurse at the hospital in Jasper. Chad loves tractor pulling and I love scrapbooking, however, I don't get to do my hobby as much as Chad does his these days. Lane keeps me busy and when I have down time I just want to relax on the couch! I hope you enjoy following my blog and hope I don't bore you!

No comments:

Post a Comment