Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Corn & Tomatoes

This blog is harder to keep up with than I thought! It's been more than a week since I've updated. Looking back into last week we took a trip to the Vanderburgh County Fair on Thursday evening for the tractor pulls. It was hot & sticky, but fun! On Saturday I did my hobby of scrapbooking at Amanda Wilmes's house along with our "Scrappy Sisters", it was also a lot of fun and laughs! I also went to the wedding reception for my cousin, Kelsey. Chad went to Paoli to their tractor pull where he won second in one class and fourth in another. On Sunday we celebrated our niece, Kiaya, and her 6th birthday! Today I put away some sweet corn in the freezer and Chad helped me make pasta sauce with some tomatoes from our garden. I'm currently waiting to hear them all seal - 3 so far! We also had a visit from one of my high school friends/college roommate today! Lindsay & Parker came from Texas this week stopped in for a visit! Parker is almost as big as Lane and he is 4 months old. He sure is a cutie though! We had a great visit and a good time catching up!


On Friday we'll be leaving for our "mini" vacation to Indy. I convinced Chad to get away for a few days, more like, I made the reservations and told him, the only way to get a farmer to go anywhere! We'll be visiting the Indianapolis Zoo and hopefully get to see the new baby elephant and the Indiana State Fair on Saturday. We'll have to head back home on Sunday because we have tickets to the Kenny Chesney concert that night! I'm anxious to see what expressions Lane will have for all the zoo animals! His favorite thing right now is to go "ooohhh" at everything like he's amazed! I also got his 6 month proofs back and they are all so good! I don't know how we're going to pick!

No comments:

Post a Comment